Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fifth tooth

Michael's fifth tooth - to the right of the bottom front two - came through today. That is three new teeth in nine days! The tooth immediately above it should be through in the next few days too. He's been absolutely miserable with teething on and off for the past couple of weeks and I can't say that I'm surprised. There is no prize for getting all twenty baby teeth in the shortest amount of time but no-one has told Michael this! You haven't lived until you've seen a baby crawl across the room to you, whining and howling all the way ;o)

We're all going away to Texel on Sunday because it is our second wedding anniversary. We're staying overnight in a hotel suite with a steam room and whirlpool bath. I can't wait - although, I have some doubts about how much time I'll actually have to enjoy the luxurious surroundings. Michael seems to have a sixth sense - he knows when Mama is about to enjoy herself and, my goodness, she must be stopped for her own sake (apparently!)

This will be the first time that we've gone away since Michael was born. I don't think I would have dared attempt it before now. At eight months he is now old enough not to need half a baby superstore carted around with him. We have a travel cot, baby carrier, his clothes, nappies and toiletries and that should be about all he needs. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: