Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 28, 2006

Screams rend the morning air

I have been taking pregnancy yoga classes for the past 5 months. The purpose is to prepare my body for labour and to give me coping strategies and breathing techniques for the pain. Everything I have learned went right out of the window this morning when I woke up with a vicious cramp in my right calf. I sprang out of bed like my arse was on fire (pretty impressive given the size of my bump) and began hobbling around the room, bellowing like an angry bull. Inbetween bellows I managed to explain to Phil what the problem was and he grabbed my calf and massaged it (after first grabbing my thigh - he was still half asleep, the poor man). The pain melted away immediately. This does not bode well for my chances of coping in labour...

No comments: