Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 07, 2006

Happy due date to me

Well here I am on my due date. Have I spent the morning staring adoringly into the eyes of my baby son? Have I been doubled over in agony with labour pains? No I haven't. Shall I tell you how I have spent my morning? I have been on my hands and knees looking in nooks and crannies for our hamster.

His cage door was accidentally left open last night when Phil was feeding him and he made his escape after we went to bed. This isn't the first time that Quadrinaros has made a bid for freedom and his second bid has not been more successful than the first. We found him curled up fast asleep in the bookcase having chewed his way through my CV writing book. Thank goodness there wasn't a scratch on him and other than being rather thirsty, he seems to be absolutely fine.

Given that I haven't had so much as a twinge, I doubt that my day will get any more exciting than this. I had a midwife appointment this afternoon and baby M is doing well, although perhaps a little too well as he is clearly very happy where he is. If he still hasn't put in an appearance by next Friday then I will be sent to Spaarne hospital for a scan and examination and if all is well with him and the placenta then I will be allowed to go to 42 weeks. At that point I will have to go to the hospital to be induced. As the midwife put it, I will be a Mummy by 21st August. What a scary and exciting thought!

No comments: