Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 02, 2007

He walks!

I've been expecting Michael to take a step for a while now because he has such excellent balance. I caught him conducting an invisible orchestra complete with swaying arms and pointing fingers the other day. He can stand unsupported (albeit with slightly wobbly legs after a while) for about 5 minutes. The day before yesterday he took one step, and yesterday he did the same but today something must have clicked in his head. He took 4 steps towards me and hasn't stopped trying since. He'll take a few steps, bump down on his little padded bottom and will then be straight back up for more. I am so proud :o) He must have been practicing in his cot because I had just put him down for his nap and I heard a bump and a wail. I think he must have banged his head on the cot bars. It took about half an hour to settle him down back to sleep.

In other news he's in his next-stage car seat now which is a Maxi Cosi Tobi. It is great because he can face forwards and watch what we are doing. The seat is quite high so he can look out of the windows too.

He doesn't look like a baby anymore - he looks very much like a little boy. I don't know where the last year has gone - it has just flown away and in less than a fortnight he'll be one. I don't know if I mentioned it before but his Granny and Grandad (my parents) are coming out for the weekend of his birthday to celebrate with us. That should be fun. I just hope that the weather improves so that we can spend some time in the garden.

No comments: