Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 13, 2007

A wonderful day

We've had a wonderful day and Michael has been an absolute star. He got lots of fantastic presents. Most of them seem to be noisy presents that he can bash - a spinning top with a train inside; a xylophone; an alien that moves and chatters when you bash it on the head; a (plastic) electric guitar - so I wonder if I will have a bit of a headache next week ;o) He enjoyed playing with them all whilst we helped him to unwrap them. He was happy and playful all day long and we couldn't possibly have asked for more. I gave him his first taste of jelly and to my great surprise he really enjoyed it. I was expecting him to drop it down his front immediately. I guess it didn't become one of the must-have party foods for no good reason.

It was lovely having my parents visit and the house has been full of laughter. I'll really miss them when they go back to England. Between us, we've taken a lot of photos and it will take me a while to sort through them and pick some to put on the blog. I haven't got long to write this entry because we're going back into the garden to look for more meteors. The Perseids are currently visible in the sky and we spotted four meteors about half an hour ago before the cloud cover temporarily forced us back inside. Apparently this is an annual event so they would have been visible in the sky when I had Michael. How cool is that? I was also impressed to discover that August 12th is (according to Wikipedia) the date that Cleopatra killed herself on. I was born on March 8th and historically that has been a pretty slow news day. I share a birthday with Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz. Thrilling...

Anyway, I can't think of a more wonderful way to round off Michael's birthday celebrations than with a meteor shower. The boy himself is currently fast asleep. Happy Birthday, my darling. My parents got him a beautiful twinkly birthday card and I particularly liked the wording so I'll end this entry with a quote:

Wishing you
all of the stars
in the sky
and all of
the love
in the world

No comments: