Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 28, 2006

He does have a sense of humour


Michael has been smiling on and off since he was three weeks old but it has only been in the last couple of days that we have seen big beaming smiles. The first beaming smile was directed at Phil whilst I was changing Michael's nappy. Phil was totally blown away by it and I think Michael could have got away with anything at that moment - Phil was wrapped round his little finger.

We were beginning to wonder if Michael had a sense of humour at all. Phil and I rely on our humour to carry us through the tough times and we, like all parents, I'm sure, hoped that Michael would be a happy baby who would gurgle and coo at us. For the majority of the early weeks he did nothing but eat, sleep, poop and cry. The thought had occurred to me that he might end up a joyless character like Victor Meldrew. Thankfully there was a sunny disposition hiding in there somewhere :o)

1 comment:

Stephan said...

I love it when Maya smiles; it's like she just saw something really funny. We haven't been able to capture it on film yet though.