Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Help me, I'm stuck!

I've discovered the fly in the ointment with Michael's new trick of rolling over... he gets stuck. It goes like this:
  1. I put Michael onto his back in his playpen or under his activity arch
  2. Michael rolls over in seconds and in that moment is extremely pleased with himself
  3. Michael looks around with interest
  4. Michael gets fed up of squashing his dinner and wails to be turned back over
  5. I turn him onto his back
  6. Repeat to fade

He used to be able to play happily on his back for at least half an hour and until he masters the skill of rolling over and back again, playtime is going to be a very exhausting experience for both Mummy and Baby.

2 comments:

Stephan said...

Maya's the same. She's now finally learning to turn back but she hasn't got it down yet so we still have to turn her back every so often. She doesn't turn to her front the second you put her on her back any more either so that helps too. I can't wait till she learns to crawl.

Unknown said...

It was suggested to me that I get a playnest for Michael. It is supposed to help ease the frustration that babies of this age feel. I'm going to try to pick a Galt Playnest up from Ebay.