Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 08, 2007

Baldy baby

Phil and I are rather gutted to discover that Michael is losing his hair around the sides. He has a thick mop of hair on top but it has never really grown round the sides (beyond what he was born with). Now it is falling out. I discovered this when I had a peek in his moses basket. Little red hairs everywhere - so sad.

We had some fun and games with him at the weekend because of him teething. He was whinging and grizzling all day Saturday and even held his breath at one point. When this tooth eventually parts company with his body, either exchanged with the tooth fairy for money or knocked out when he falls on his nose chasing a butterfly, I am going to remember these past weeks and I am going to jump up and down on it! Never mind keeping it for eternity in a little porcelain pot - I want REVENGE!

He is now in 9-12 month sleepsuits and I don't dare speculate how long they will fit him for. I may as well just empty my purse into the mothercare till once a month. I was rather alarmed to learn that at 8.5kg, he is actually larger than our colleague's baby - that baby being 4 months older than Michael. As an August baby, he is going to be one of the youngest in his school year but I somehow doubt that he is going to be the smallest. Just as long as I don't catch him giving children a couple of years older than him a swirlie...

1 comment:

Stephan said...

Poor Michael. I hope his hair grows back. Sharina says it's normal for babies first hair to fall off. (Bit like milk teeth I guess; milk hair.)

Maya was looking very baldish up until a few weeks or so ago but now her hair is getting thicker. She has very thin hair for an Asian baby. But then she's only half Asian.

Michael is really big! Maya is almost the same age and she only just weighs 6kg. Good for his future though: they say tall people get paid more.