Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Baby gymnastics

Michael and I started a 3-session baby gymnastics course today at the Active Health Center in Amsterdam. The course is run by Lillith Turk who led the pregnancy yoga class that I attended for the majority of my pregnancy. It was nice to see her again as I hadn't been up to Amsterdam for a visit since we hired the birth pool (alas, unused) from her some 7 months ago.

The course is for babies of sitting to walking age and was attended by about 9 babies and their mummies. I have never had the opportunity to observe Michael in a group before and found that he was very placid, perhaps introverted, and accepting of everything that we did without crying or getting distressed (except when he toppled sideways and bumped his head - he has a little red mark on his forehead that I feel very guilty about). We played all sorts of games and both got a thorough workout. Michael liked it best when I lay on my back with my knees up and rested him on them. That is very close to the aeroplane game that Phil plays with him at home. I'm going to take the camera along next week to get some action shots.

He slept very well in the car on the way back. We detoured via Noordwijk so that we could pick up my birthday cake from the chocolatier there. It is a Moët & Chandon cake and I can't wait to eat it! I'll take a picture of that tomorrow. We had a little walk on the beach and I alarmed a tourist by breastfeeding Michael in the car on the beach front. Well I was hardly going to feed him out in that weather - I'd freeze my boobs off!

No comments: