Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 30, 2007

Purée queen

I've almost finished my marathon cooking session. I've been bulk cooking food to freeze for Michael. I've steamed, puréed and frozen pear, apple, carrot and sweet potato. Hopefully, along with some soft fruit like banana and avocado, I should have enough food for the next 3 weeks at least. Hooray!

When I started Michael on solids a month ago, I initially tried him with soft fruits for a couple of weeks. Because of his lack of enthusiasm I became demoralised, went for convenience and offered him a few jars. I felt very guilty about that. I'm giving him the best that I can with breast milk and it seems such a shame to then offer him tasteless commercially-prepared baby food. I can say with certainty that it is tasteless because I compared the apple and carrot that I made with their commercial counterparts.

Michael struggles with the texture of home-prepared food but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in the end (please, please, please!)

No comments: