Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 03, 2007

General update

Foods that Michael likes:

  • Banana

Better luck next week, kid! I can't decide whether to try baby rice or sweet potato next. At least the breast milk in the baby rice will make it vaguely familiar. My mother told me that I absolutely loathed baby rice and that most of it ended up on the walls.

Phil and I are absolutely exhausted today. Michael slept for 7 hours last night rather than his usual 12 and woke up howling twice. He had already had some paracetamol for the teething pain at bedtime so I couldn't give him anything else. I fed him, sang to him, and put him back in his cot on the occasions when he did briefly settle. By 7am we had abandoned the idea of getting him back to sleep so Phil took him downstairs whilst I tried to get a little more sleep. In total, Phil had 3 hours sleep and I had 5. I don't know how Phil is still functioning on so little! Today he has plastered and painted most of the bathroom and he is still going. He says he is running on fumes. I'm guessing he'll be practically catatonic tomorrow.

Michael is making great progress with his physical strength. He can stand with support now and is crawling... backwards... I have tried placing his favourite toys in front of him in an effort to get him to crawl forwards but he just squeaks with annoyance as he slowly moves away from his prize. I called Phil at work to let him know that Michael was crawling and at that precise moment Michael attempted to crawl under the television stand. Only his well-padded bottom prevented him from disappearing from view.

Note to self: Finish that baby-proofing now!!

No comments: