Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2007

He still loves me

It has been a challenge to keep Michael happy lately. The teething pain reached it's peak last week (still no new teeth!!!) and this week he has been absolutely determined to stand at every opportunity. He has been interacting with us far less as his need to become mobile has been very single-minded. He can stand with support and his crawling is coming along nicely but he obviously isn't meeting his very exacting standards as he is frequently crying with frustration.

Before he could sit up or roll over I used to spend hours entertaining him by singing to him, pulling faces, telling him stories and just holding him. He used to nap nestled under my chin. He's so big now that he naps in his cot upstairs and the type of interaction we have is changing because he is becoming mobile. We play with toys together and play more physical games. I still sing to him.

Occasionally when Michael is so busy exploring his world I get a bit silly and start to wonder if he doesn't love me as much as he used to. This evening he reminded me that he still loves me. It was so wonderful and I basked in the glow of it. I had been sitting with him in the baby carrier for some time because he was unsettled. I then went upstairs for a shower whilst Phil gave him a wash and got him dressed for bed. I came downstairs and his face lit up to see me. His little arms were pumping up and down and he gave me a beautiful toothy laugh. He then kept leaning forwards for a cuddle. It is moments like this that make it all worthwhile.

No comments: