Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The fungal club

Well, Michael and I are both fully paid-up members of the fungal club. We went to see the doctor this afternoon and now have to be treated for thrush for the next two weeks. Michael voiced his displeasure by howling through the whole appointment. I have to paint the inside of his mouth 4 times a day with a gel. I did this for the first time this evening and it was a truly horrible experience. It is a reasonably large amount of gel (2.5 ml) for such a little mouth and I had to rub it on the inside of his cheeks and on his tongue in sufficiently small amounts to avoid choking him. He turned puce, tried to spit it out and was extremely unhappy. 5 minutes later he threw up over himself so I have to hope that enough of it stayed in his mouth to do the trick. It will probably do horrible things to his sleepsuit knowing my luck and in an hour or two he will look like he has been attacked by termites.

I think this all started when I had a nipple injury a few weeks ago. Michael was having a growth spurt and got a bit lazy with his latch. So we now have the following equation:

Nipple injury + warm, moist environment = thrush

Duly noted...

No comments: