Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 03, 2006

Overslept?!?

I can't believe it but I overslept this morning. Phil and I fell into bed exhausted at 2:30am and forgot to set the alarm. Michael did what he has only ever done once before in his whole life - he slept for over 7 hours without waking. The next thing I knew, the phone was ringing and it was 9:30am. The doctor's receptionist wanted to know why Michael and I had not come in for Michael's appointment at 9:15am. I was totally flustered, apologised profusely and begged her to give us another appointment. My grovelling paid off and she said that we could see the doctor if we could be at the surgery within 15 minutes. I wouldn't have believed it possible but we managed to get ourselves and Michael dressed and ready within 10 minutes and we actually made it to the surgery in time. Unfortunately, there had been no time to feed Michael before leaving so he was grumbling and my breasts felt like they were going to explode.

The reason for this mad dash was that Michael has had a rash for the last week and has been generally out of sorts for the last few days. The doctor thinks it is either a viral infection or a reaction to the vaccinations he had 3 weeks ago. It is very difficult to tell with little babies, especially because he has no other symptoms like a fever or appetite loss.

My poor little boy. At least we now know why he has been such a grump. He is normally very sunny tempered and can cheerfully entertain himself for over half an hour on his activity gym. It is very cute to watch him grabbing for the toys and babbling at them. He has taken a real shine to a little giraffe and smiles and talks to him for ages. Fingers crossed he will be feeling better very soon because I want to try out my baby carrier and take him into Hoofddorp one lunchtime to see Phil. Phil would love this - especially because Phil has been wanting to go to the children's farm in Hoofddorp for years and Michael will give him just the excuse he needs to go.

No comments: