Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 09, 2006

New milestones

Judging by the amount he has been feeding in the last couple of days, Michael is having his 3 month growth spurt. A growth spurt usually heralds some new tricks and we haven't been disappointed. He has started to properly grab at things now. I was leaning over him on the changing station and he grabbed a chunk of my hair in his pudgy little fists - very cute indeed if a little painful. He is also holding his head up properly when placed on his stomach. I have been giving him plenty of tummy time so that he would get strong enough neck muscles to do this. It means that he can go out with me in the Ergo Baby Carrier and can also play in his door bouncer.

In slightly less good news he is obsessively chewing his fists and dribbling a lot so I think he is teething. Very alarming, since the symptoms can persist for several months before the pearly offender shows itself.

No comments: