Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 08, 2007

My home is alive... with the sound of Gleghorns

Well... I was going to post a ranting entry about the various members of my household keeping me awake at night but since Michael and Phil are sick, the wind has been taken out of my sails somewhat. Phil has hurt his back (thinks he slept in a dodgy position) and Michael has a fever. It was 39.1 but with paracetamol, and stripping him down to his vest and nappy I have reduced it to 37.4.

I have been sick with a sinus infection since last Friday and am only now starting to feel better. I was under the impression that it sprang from an allergic reaction but since Michael now has a fever, I think it must have been a virus. It is odd that he would show symptoms six days after I became unwell. Odd too that he has no symptoms other than extremely red cheeks. I am wondering if it has something to do with the teething, but I suspect that the fever is too high to be related.

So... on my my slightly deflated rant. My husband SNORES. I am a very light sleeper so in our first year of living together we negotiated an arrangement so that Phil wouldn't wake in the morning to find a hatchet in his back. The deal was that Phil would stay awake until I fell asleep. The snoring, on the whole, prevents me from getting to sleep rather than wakes me up. This arrangement worked fine until the arrival of Michael. We are now so tired that Phil falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. So on one side I have a snoring Phil and on the other I have... Michael. Michael is also an extremely noisy sleeper. He also snores on occasion, he leg slams, he cries in his sleep and sucks his thumb with a noisy little 'pop pop pop' sound. I swear it is like sleeping in an orchestra pit sometimes. In addition to this cacophony, there is the dulcet tones of Harry, one of our Burmese cats, howling, scratching and launching himself at the door to the room he sleeps in.

I have some vague concerns that Phil's bad back is due to him bending into an odd shape in a last-ditch attempt to find a position that he wouldn't snore in. I would feel guilty but... sleep deprived mad woman and all that ;o)

No comments: