Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Solid food


Michael had his first solid food today. We tried him with a little banana at lunchtime. I chopped it up into little pieces and let him explore it and taste it at will. He wasn't dramatically impressed and the faces he pulled were priceless! It is interesting to me that he'll put anything non-edible that is within reach into his mouth but the minute I actually present him with something he is permitted to eat he gets all coy.

We had a really rough time with him this evening because of his teething pain. Even with paracetamol he could not sleep for his last nap of the day so by the time his (early) bedtime came around he was very difficult to settle. I think I must have run through my entire nursery rhyme and song repertoire at least twice. When it gets to the point where I am singing Edelweiss from "The Sound of Music" followed by "More than Words" by Extreme, I recognise that things are getting desperate! He has finally gone to sleep and am crossing everything that he is a happier bunny in the morning.

No comments: