Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Need a carbolic sheet or something

Michael doesn't know it yet but he really wants a Wheely Bug for his first birthday - oh yes he does!

He had a really bad night last night. He slept for about 3 hours and from then on kept waking, crying and going back to sleep every 20 minutes or so. I brought him downstairs to see if he needed a feed but that didn't help and we didn't get him settled until 5am. He developed a dry cough yesterday and has had a stuffy nose for a couple of days so it looks like he still has the virus that made us all unwell. I was advised to take him to the doctor and, fortunately, he needs nothing more than some TLC and the humidifier on in the bedroom. His lungs and ears were clear of infection.

I went along to the doctor's surgery alone with Michael in the baby carrier. The waiting room was very hot and we had to wait for over half an hour. That was a bit of a stretch of Michael's patience. He just CANNOT be still at the moment. He wriggles from morning until night. He also has this habit of zoning in on someone and staring, unblinking, at them until he has formed an opinion of them. He did this the last time we went to the surgery and the end result was that the poor target of his attention did not meet with his approval. He pouted at her and started to cry. How harsh to be found wanting by a 5 month old baby! On this occasion, he happily stared at a young woman and must have really disliked her because he let out an embarrassingly audible and noxious - how can I put this delicately? - bottom burp. I didn't help matters by not being able to conceal my amusement.

In the past I have witnessed many a mother staring adoringly at her progeny whilst the little angel theatrically filled their nappy in some public place. Please spare me from this kind of pride - I'll stick with the humour.

1 comment:

nina said...

A Wheely Bug is such a good idea for active and curious kids. Plus they look so adorable when they are scooting around on the house. I'm buying my sisters first born one for Christmas!